"A portrait is not a likeness. The moment an emotion or fact is transformed into a photograph it is no longer a fact but an opinion. There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph. All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth." - Richard Avedon

Sunday 21 March 2010

Week 4 - Joiners, Stitching and Montage

For my 4th week I had planned on using some more studio images which I had taken the week before but in a lesson with Arlo we were taught about photo joiners, photo stitching and photo montages. In the lesson we were shown examples of what the images would turn out like and were then sent off to create our own images using the examples as inspiration. I have decided to do joiners, stitching and montage for my fourth week as I really enjoyed creating the images in class and seeing how they turned out. Looking at the complete images was great and I really liked the effect that taking multiple pictures created. For this week I won't be doing any proper shoots as each image I create will be made up of 30-40 images.
On the next few posts I am going to include other artists work and my own images.

No comments:

Post a Comment