"A portrait is not a likeness. The moment an emotion or fact is transformed into a photograph it is no longer a fact but an opinion. There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph. All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth." - Richard Avedon

Tuesday 23 March 2010

My Joiners, Stitches and Montages

After Arlo's lesson I went home and decided to take some more of my own images to create a joiners, stitches and montages. For my joiner I took images of my boyfriends Ibanez guitar.The final image is made up of about 25-30 smaller images, which took me about 1-2 hours to join up, and I think that it came out really well. This joiner is definatly my favorite of the lot.
The second joiner which I created at the weekend was of my boyfriends bedroom wall. The final image was also made up of about 25-30 smaller images but this joiner was harder to create as I was trying to line up the posters on the wall but because they were all taken at different angles this was difficult. This is why the image is so juttery and why in some places there are two or three of the same things.
After creating these two images I decided to try and create some photo stitching. I used two different panoramic image sets. The first images that I took were of the college canteen which I took during Arlo's lesson and the second is of a panorama of Chapel Porth beach.
I found stitching the canteen together was easy as most things joined up well but the beach one was hard as the tide was changing throughout and the colour of the sky changed with the sunset.
In Arlo's lesson I also had a go at creating another joiner but of Harriet this time, I also did a photo montage of a Ford car. The image of Harriet was fun to create and the final image came out quite surreal. I like how her head is huge compared to her body and her legs are tiny. Originally with the Ford images I wanted to create a joiner but the images didn't match up enough to create one so I made a montage. I think that this works very well as the images are seperated by a white border and thick white lines which makes it more crisp and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment